Does My Small Business Need HR Software Solutions?
January 15, 2014 at 10:43 AM
Over the years, the HR role within business organizations has diversified dramatically; transcending archaic boundaries and it has now been tied to almost all company processes. This is especially more applicable to the smaller businesses which usually had to do without the HR role mostly due to the high costs. Irrespective of whether the role is held by a manager, the HR role requires sufficient technology to make it workable. Human resource involves tons of data and information but most small business owners rarely see the need to infuse HR software into the business. Sometimes, but rarely the disadvantages might outweigh the advantages.
Before you purchase HR software you should make an evaluation to determine whether your business needs the software. You have to be very brutal in your assessment. The assessment should involve all your organizations goals in terms of the preferred administrative time spent on various tasks, views on paperwork, record-keeping, data security, reports, backup of information and even disaster planning. Each business tends to have varied views and organizational goals, and after the evaluation you have to ask yourself the following questions about your business.
- Do you have the physical space to securely store all your paperwork?
- Can you keep track of all benefits, training, workplace accidents, and disciplinary warnings?
- How often do you get HR specific employee complaints?
- Do you have a problem calculating time off accruals for sick days, PTO, and vacation time?
- How many hours in a month do you devote to HR work? How many do you think would be the best for the organization?
- Do have an easily accessible historical database of all your former and current employees.
- Is there a means of recording employees’ performance evaluations alongside the management goals?
Once you have made the assessment of all your organizational goals and you have answered all these questions then you should have no problem determining whether HR software will be beneficial or not. Remember, with functional HR software you can devote more time to achieving other organizational goals. HR involves lots of data, which a single person might not be able to handle, especially using paperwork alone. It can certainly turn out to be a cost cutting venture that can improve your efficiency irrespective of your staff size. HR software solutions are easy to use, easy to learn, easy to execute, and they are a great investment to streamline all your processes.
With several different HR software solutions to choose from, you're sure to find the one that's best suited for your company. Start by trying a free demo/trial of Staff Files, our popular PC-based human resources software.
Have questions about our software? Call us at 1-800-874-8801 or email us at email@example.com.